• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access.

By joining you will gain full access to thousands of Videos, Pictures & Much More.

Membership is absolutely FREE and registration is FAST & SIMPLE so please, Register Today and join one of the friendliest communities on the net!

You must be at least 18 years old to legally access this forum.
  • Hello Guest,

Thanks for remaining an active member on GayHeaven. We hope you've enjoyed the forum so far.

Our records indicate that you have not posted on our forums in several weeks. Why not dismiss this notice & make your next post today by doing one of the following:
    • General Discussion Area - Engage in a conversation with other members.
    • Gay Picture Collections - Share any pictures you may have collected from blogs and other sites. Don't know how to post? Click HERE to visit our easy 3-steps tutorial for picture posting.
    • Show Yourself Off - Brave enough to post your own pictures or videos? Let us see, enjoy & comment on that for you.
    • Gay Clips - Start sharing hot video clips you may have. Don't know how to get started? Click HERE to view our detailed tutorial for video posting.
    As you can see there are a bunch of options mentioned in here and much more available for you to start participating today! Before making your first post, please don't forget to read the Forum Rules.

Active and contributing members will earn special ranks. Click HERE to view the full list of ranks & privileges given to active members & how you can easily obtain them.

Please do not flood the forum with "Thank you" posts. Instead, please use the "thanks button"

We Hope you enjoy the forum & thanks for your efforts!
    The GayHeaven Team.
  • Dear GayHeaven users,

We are happy to announce that we have successfully upgraded our forum to a new more reliable and overall better platform called XenForo.
    Any feedback is welcome and we hope you get to enjoy this new platform for years and years to come and, as always, happy posting!

GH Team

Chav or Scally

haiducii

Super Vip
Reaction score
After a recent conversation with dargelos, thought it would be good to debate the difference between a chav and a scally. What are the differences between a chav and a scally? Your thoughts and definitions are more than welcome. ;) So I found this in another forum...

Last edited:

mikk33

Reaction score
a scally is basically a young working class lad who wears sports clothes, casual wear all the time and follows football.
They originated in northern England, north-west, and specifically Liverpool during the economic depression of the 1970's and 1980's.
They are a self-identifying working class group. mostly anti-social in behaviour and from the urban cities.
When the lads got work or money they began to compete with each other to wear 'fashion labels' sportswear and trainers. Not unlike previous youth movements like the skinheads and casuals of the early 1970's.
Ostensibly seen as scallywags or rapscallions, but they defined themselves.
A product of the class and communities they originated from.

mikk33

Reaction score
chavs: this is a term of abuse used by the London based news media, to describe the unemployed underclass of men and women, who are dependent on the welfare state and social security benefits for economic survival.
They also wear sports/casual clothes, but the cheap mass-produced copies of the 'fashion' labels or fakes from the local markets. they also like 'bling'.
The middle-class media demonise them and portray them as unintelligent and the feckless poor. As if they were the cause of their own socio-economic deprivation, rather than the society they live in.
Unlike scally its not seen as a phase of life, but a permanent condition of the 'undeserving poor'. Its a stereotype of what the 'haves', deem the scapegoated 'have not's' to be really like.

dargelos

Super Vip
Reaction score
First to remind everyone that chav does not mean Council House And Violent, that was a media myth. It comes from charver, which is what we still say round these parts.
I endorse what mikk33 says above, the southern ponces are using chav as a perjorative to insult a section of society they dont understand. It is no longer acceptable to pick on a racial or religious minority as a bogeyman, outside of the narrow world of ukip, at least. Instead the small minded need to create a group to act as a hate focus (Emmanuel Goldstein in 1984 anyone?)
Pick a group, shall we say policemen, priests, politicians, company directors, and you will find some who have done things they should not have. Scallies and charvers tend to get linked to petty crime and some of that is true but it is victimless crime like shoplifting and trivial drug selling. Unlike policemen, priests, politicians and company directors who, when they go bad, do things that cause serious lasting harm without getting punished for it .
Since this is gay heaven the most important thing to say is that scalls and charvers have an effortless sex appeal that respectable taxpayers cannot even dream about.

Clayton Kole is a scally, I'll have to find a charver later to keep him company. Sorry i cant get a snap of a Triga model for you, they dont show their names, in case the police are after them one supposes, so instead this is an image of something dear to the heart of every bad boy.

cush is short for cushty, a charver word for a thing he loves.
What haiducii wants is not that what is the same but what is differant so, wheras the scally style is one that some gay men have chosen to copy, in the way gay men took over the skinhead look from the fascists, it is impossible to imagine anyone choosing to intentionaly pass themself off as chav.

Last edited:

haiducii

Super Vip
Reaction score
Thank you guys. :)

I've been googling about chavs/scallies for whole Saturday. What truly fascinates me that so many people think they're basically the same thing!? A quote from another forum:''To me its a regional variation of the same thing. As someone said, ned in glasgow, Charver in north east, scally in liverpool and chav everywhere else. They're basically the same thing, and they all want shooting.''

btw, here's the W1kipedia entry on scallie :D
''The word's origins lie in the Irish language. It is short for scallywag...It is a word which appears to be in common use within towns that have historic Irish communities, for example Knowsley, Liverpool, Manchester, Salford, St. Helens and Warrington. In Liverpool it is sometimes abbreviated to "scall". As one leaves the industrial belt of the Mersey and Irwell valleys the word appears to have been replaced by chav.''

brmstn69

Super Vip
Reaction score
I always thought that a scally was the Brit version of a, for lack of a better term, "wigger". A white guy that dresses, acts, and talks like a black guy. Wears designer hip-hop fashion and lots of bling...

And a chav is basically, poor white trash or trailer trash. From a poor family, lower working class area. Wears cheap clothes...

Dendood

Reaction score
Can someone please send a few test samples here to the States? After going down on them I believe I can tell you every difference one would need to know. :)

dargelos

Super Vip
Reaction score
Sorry, I dont think that is going to be possible Dendood, no true chav would survive the flight, not when it means over eight hours without a cigarette.