• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access.

By joining you will gain full access to thousands of Videos, Pictures & Much More.

Membership is absolutely FREE and registration is FAST & SIMPLE so please, Register Today and join one of the friendliest communities on the net!

You must be at least 18 years old to legally access this forum.
  • Hello Guest,

Thanks for remaining an active member on GayHeaven. We hope you've enjoyed the forum so far.

Our records indicate that you have not posted on our forums in several weeks. Why not dismiss this notice & make your next post today by doing one of the following:
    • General Discussion Area - Engage in a conversation with other members.
    • Gay Picture Collections - Share any pictures you may have collected from blogs and other sites. Don't know how to post? Click HERE to visit our easy 3-steps tutorial for picture posting.
    • Show Yourself Off - Brave enough to post your own pictures or videos? Let us see, enjoy & comment on that for you.
    • Gay Clips - Start sharing hot video clips you may have. Don't know how to get started? Click HERE to view our detailed tutorial for video posting.
    As you can see there are a bunch of options mentioned in here and much more available for you to start participating today! Before making your first post, please don't forget to read the Forum Rules.

Active and contributing members will earn special ranks. Click HERE to view the full list of ranks & privileges given to active members & how you can easily obtain them.

Please do not flood the forum with "Thank you" posts. Instead, please use the "thanks button"

We Hope you enjoy the forum & thanks for your efforts!
    The GayHeaven Team.
  • Dear GayHeaven users,

We are happy to announce that we have successfully upgraded our forum to a new more reliable and overall better platform called XenForo.
    Any feedback is welcome and we hope you get to enjoy this new platform for years and years to come and, as always, happy posting!

GH Team

Looking to make friends with guys in Melbourne, Australia

wowzeroonie

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

Eventually (Maybe a year? Give or take some time), I'm going to be moving to Melbourne to live close to a very dear friend of mine.

I know absolutely no one in the city except for him, and I'm wanting to become friends with some nice, friendly guys from the Melbourne area that I can keep in contact with through emails or PMs.

Now, mind you, I'm not doing this as a dating thing, although I am single. I'm mainly looking for guys that can educate me and give me a little more information on Melbourne, its people, and especially some information about the city's gay districts and how homosexuality is accepted there as a whole.

I'd love to communicate with guys that have some similar likes to my own; I also like Chinese and Japanese guys who live in Australia... something about the combination of an Asian with an Aussie accent is entirely awesome and hot (in fact, my friend is a Aussie born Chinese guy... straight though).

A little about myself is in order, I suppose:

I'm 31 years old, brown hair, blue eyes... I stand at almost 6'0", and I'm a hefty guy. I'm on a diet and have lost 30 lbs so far, but I'm still easily in "bear" territory. lol

I love video games, specifically PS3 games and casual PC games. I like to read, and I watch quite a range of different movies, but I don't watch much television. I have pet cats, strictly outdoor only, although I do let them in occasionally for treats, etc.

I'll label my sexual likes here as well, but as I said, this is NOT for dating purposes. If anyone writes to me and something clicks... well, that will be talked about in places other than GayHeaven. Anyway, I'm a bottom, average-to-slightly-small penis, and I have a mild/medium foot fetish. I like looking at them, massaging, and worshipping, but only if they're clean and well taken care of.

If any guys in Melbourne are interested in being friends and talking about anything at all, life, video games, the world in general, and definitely who can give me more information about Melbourne, please feel free to contact me via PM and we'll exchange email addresses.

Thanks so much, and I'm looking forward to any responses.

wowzeroonie

Reaction score
I'm just bumping this thread once, and that's it.

You mean to tell me that there's no users on here from Melbourne? That's surprising...

wowzeroonie

Reaction score
What's to be shy about? lol

I'm just looking to make some good (gay) friends, and I think this forum is a terrific place to do it because the people here are so nice. :)

Maybe someone will speak up eventually.

jeansGuyOZ

Smartarse from Down Under
Reaction score
I come from Melbourne, though I have lived the other side of the country for a long time.

I'm sure you can find out all the basic touristy information by Googling. It would be nice to know where you are from, so that I could maybe make comparison...

As for the gay aspects, although Sydney has been known for many years as the gay capital of Oz, I have talked to many guys who prefer the Melbourne scene. The venues are a bit more spread out than Sydney, there is not really any gay ghetto as such. If you find yourself north of the river, the Collingwood/Fitzroy area has several gay pubs, cruise clubs, X-rated stores etc. Club 80 in Peel St Collingwood is one of the best cruise clubs I have visited. (Everybody knows it as "Club 80" but that name does not appear anywhere on the building, and I don't recall the exact street number.) There is a sauna called Wet On Wellington; I haven't been there but I've heard good reports. The Laird (hotel) is a popular gay watering hole. South of the river, Prahran and that area has a number of gay establishments. It's pretty hard to be more specific than that, because I don't know just what you are looking for, besides which the venues I know may have closed or changed their name or location.

All those suburbs I mention are fairly close to the centre, and having been working class for many years - and poorer working class at that - they are now considered rather trendy. The same is true of St Kilda, which is a beachside subirb and the closest beach to the city centre.

You will notice plenty of tight jeans being worn by guys in Melbourne.

wowzeroonie

Reaction score
I'm from a very small town in North Carolina, USA. So the gay scene around here is an absolute ZERO. And, what with the close-minded rednecks and idiots, it's not really wise to be open about yourself in these areas.

I'm not looking for "cruising grounds" or random sex encounters... I'm mainly just curious about the gay scene in general. How it's accepted, availability of different jobs (book stores, restaurants, etc) in the gay areas... things of that nature.

I do realize that I could have simply Google'd all of this information, but that doesn't give me a proper, first-hand experience from someone who lives there. :)

And, more than anything, as I stated, it would be nice to be able to make a few Aussie friends that I can talk to through emails before I even come to the country. I don't really want to move overseas while only knowing one person (who's straight on top of that. lol) when I get there.

Last edited:

Alsodo

Reaction score
I live in Melbourne, but I don't know a lot about gay culture around here since I don't go to nightclubs and such. I just know of The Peel (that was mentioned above), and an LGBT festival that's about a month long called Midsumma that has lots of different events.

It's pretty gay friendly here, but not all politicians are. Definitely lots better than what I hear of North Carolina being. :)

Also, yay for PS3 games.