• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access.

By joining you will gain full access to thousands of Videos, Pictures & Much More.

Membership is absolutely FREE and registration is FAST & SIMPLE so please, Register Today and join one of the friendliest communities on the net!

You must be at least 18 years old to legally access this forum.
  • Hello Guest,

Thanks for remaining an active member on GayHeaven. We hope you've enjoyed the forum so far.

Our records indicate that you have not posted on our forums in several weeks. Why not dismiss this notice & make your next post today by doing one of the following:
    • General Discussion Area - Engage in a conversation with other members.
    • Gay Picture Collections - Share any pictures you may have collected from blogs and other sites. Don't know how to post? Click HERE to visit our easy 3-steps tutorial for picture posting.
    • Show Yourself Off - Brave enough to post your own pictures or videos? Let us see, enjoy & comment on that for you.
    • Gay Clips - Start sharing hot video clips you may have. Don't know how to get started? Click HERE to view our detailed tutorial for video posting.
    As you can see there are a bunch of options mentioned in here and much more available for you to start participating today! Before making your first post, please don't forget to read the Forum Rules.

Active and contributing members will earn special ranks. Click HERE to view the full list of ranks & privileges given to active members & how you can easily obtain them.

Please do not flood the forum with "Thank you" posts. Instead, please use the "thanks button"

We Hope you enjoy the forum & thanks for your efforts!
    The GayHeaven Team.
  • Dear GayHeaven users,

We are happy to announce that we have successfully upgraded our forum to a new more reliable and overall better platform called XenForo.
    Any feedback is welcome and we hope you get to enjoy this new platform for years and years to come and, as always, happy posting!

GH Team

Rock Hudson's 'True Love' Talks About Their Life...

W!nston

SuperSoftSillyPuppy
Staff member
Reaction score
Rock Hudson's 'True Love' Talks About Their Life Together: 'He Was a Sweetheart'
Yahoo! Celebrity News | By Robert Kessler | April 15 2015 1:00pm EDT

21004014f9bb4d9b088d7294a50c66d5826eecc3.jpg

Rock Hudson and Lee Garlington

For years, it was essentially an open secret: Rock Hudson, one of the biggest movie stars in the world, was gay. However, this was the 1960s and no one came out, so Hudson and Lee Garlington, who dated from 1962 to 1965, were forced to keep their relationship a secret. Now Garlington, 77, opens up to People about their relationship.

"He was the biggest movie star in the world and the rumors were that he was gay," Garlington says of meeting Hudson, who was 13 years his senior. "So I thought 'Let me get an eye on him.' I stood outside his cottage on the Universal lot, pretending to read Variety, which was probably upside down at the time. He walked out and down the street. He looked back once. That was it."

It was a year later before the two met up again. Though Garlington insists "nothing happened" the first time, they settled into a routine soon enough.
"I'd come over after work, spend the night and leave the next morning," he says. "I'd sneak out at 6 a.m. in my Chevy Nova and coast down the street without turning on the engine so the neighbors wouldn't hear. We thought we were being so clever."

"He was a sweetheart," Garlington says. "I adored him."

The two would attend movie premieres together, but each would bring his own female date, for appearances. "Nobody in their right mind came out. It was career suicide," Garlington tells People, echoing a sentiment that, unfortunately, still exists today.

21004011fc890e30d34873d1120f9ae01c004e9c.jpg

Rock Hudson in 1956's 'Never Say Goodbye'

"Rock had no pretense," he says of his larger-than-life boyfriend. "He was always casual. He liked to wear chinos and moccasins around the house and hang around and watch television. We'd go on road trips and sometimes he wouldn’t tell the studio where he was going."

However, the couple broke up in 1965. Garlington says it was Hudson's casual demeanor that was at least partially responsible. "One of the reasons we went our own ways because in a way I wanted a father figure and he was not strong enough," he says. "Rock wasn't a real strong personality. He was a gentle giant."

2100401249fcf347fc270ddbb8d88bfa21913c54.jpg

Rock Hudson and Elizabeth Taylor at the 1959 premiere of 'Suddenly Last Summer'

Very few people knew that Rock Hudson was gay, but one of those who did was his close friend Elizabeth Taylor. It was Hudson's death in 1985 — of AIDS-related complications — that spurred Taylor's lifelong dedication to finding a cure for AIDS. Taylor was partially responsible for the creation of amfAR, and it was Hudson himself who made the first ever donation to the new charity.

Garlington says he reached out to try to see Hudson as his health was rapidly declining.

"AIDS killed everybody in those days," he says. "I called up the people taking care of him but they said he was so sick that he wouldn't know who I was and it was best to remember him how he had been before."

It was not until after Hudson's death that Garlington learned how much he'd meant to Hudson, who called him his "true love" in a posthumously published biography.

"I broke down and cried," Garlington says. "I just lost it. He said his mother and I were the only people he ever loved. I had no idea I meant that much to him."

210040139bf675b0b6941491decaef2f2293fceb.jpg

SOURCE

jw4833

V.I.P Member
Reaction score
I commend him on his loyalty to keep their relationship a secret after all of these years. That's to me is a true gentleman and confidant.

bigsal

Super Vip
Reaction score
I commend him on his loyalty to keep their relationship a secret after all of these years. That's to me is a true gentleman and confidant.

Today for them things would have been different. They had the misfortune to live in a wrong time.

jw4833

V.I.P Member
Reaction score

Today for them things would have been different. They had the misfortune to live in a wrong time.

You're right Big Sal..but after all of these years...this guy has witnessed sign of the times in regard of how things have change since then. With that being said...let's bring up the fact of how Liberace's ex had exposed their relationship in such a scandalous way in order to gain financial means...and this guy kept his relationship a secret after all these years and many years since the passing of Rock Hudson. This is why I admire him...he did this on his own timing and not to reap the benefits in such a crude, demeaning way.:thumbs up:

brmstn69

Super Vip
Reaction score
You're right Big Sal..but after all of these years...this guy has witnessed sign of the times in regard of how things have change since then. With that being said...let's bring up the fact of how Liberace's ex had exposed their relationship in such a scandalous way in order to gain financial means...and this guy kept his relationship a secret after all these years and many years since the passing of Rock Hudson. This is why I admire him...he did this on his own timing and not to reap the benefits in such a crude, demeaning way.:thumbs up:

Not a fair comparison, Liberace seduced a 17 yo kid who idolized him, had him get plastic surgery to look like he was his son, kept Scott dependent on him for everything, got him hooked on drugs, infected him with HIV, and then threw him out on the streets after he got too old for his taste and moved on to his next victim...