• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access.

By joining you will gain full access to thousands of Videos, Pictures & Much More.

Membership is absolutely FREE and registration is FAST & SIMPLE so please, Register Today and join one of the friendliest communities on the net!

You must be at least 18 years old to legally access this forum.
  • Hello Guest,

Thanks for remaining an active member on GayHeaven. We hope you've enjoyed the forum so far.

Our records indicate that you have not posted on our forums in several weeks. Why not dismiss this notice & make your next post today by doing one of the following:
    • General Discussion Area - Engage in a conversation with other members.
    • Gay Picture Collections - Share any pictures you may have collected from blogs and other sites. Don't know how to post? Click HERE to visit our easy 3-steps tutorial for picture posting.
    • Show Yourself Off - Brave enough to post your own pictures or videos? Let us see, enjoy & comment on that for you.
    • Gay Clips - Start sharing hot video clips you may have. Don't know how to get started? Click HERE to view our detailed tutorial for video posting.
    As you can see there are a bunch of options mentioned in here and much more available for you to start participating today! Before making your first post, please don't forget to read the Forum Rules.

Active and contributing members will earn special ranks. Click HERE to view the full list of ranks & privileges given to active members & how you can easily obtain them.

Please do not flood the forum with "Thank you" posts. Instead, please use the "thanks button"

We Hope you enjoy the forum & thanks for your efforts!
    The GayHeaven Team.
  • Dear GayHeaven users,

We are happy to announce that we have successfully upgraded our forum to a new more reliable and overall better platform called XenForo.
    Any feedback is welcome and we hope you get to enjoy this new platform for years and years to come and, as always, happy posting!

GH Team

Amy Winehouse dies...

JonnyFantastico

Super Vip
Reaction score
The news we sadly all knew would occur, but we never saw coming...

t8qvh7jh1795sp04lnl.jpg

Soulfully talented and yet, problem ridden singer, Amy Winehouse, was found dead in her London apartment early Saturday afternoon. Known for her emotional vocals and even more for her troubles, she received acclaim and esteem for her breakthrough album, 2006's "Back To Black".

However, as the accolades rolled in, so did the stories of Amy's alcohol use, her heavy drug use and her many trips to rehabilitation facilities. Unfortunately, they never seemed to stick and many of her fans hoped that Winehouse would sincerely clean her act up and return to prominence.

After a failed comeback earlier this year, where videos of those performances (that eventually went viral) showed an obviously intoxicated starlet, her production team decided to cancel the rest of the shows and give Amy "all the time needed" to face her demons.

Sadly, her demons won out... and a beautiful woman with endless talent is now gone from this Earth at age 27.

I can see the many "we saw this coming" comments and yes, while I do agree with them, it still breaks my heart to see it come to this sad end. "Back To Black" is one of those albums that stays with you with it's haunting melodies, it's soulful content and that extra taste of something spectacular. There was something special about this woman and we'll sadly never be able to hear that voice again.

She will be missed by her family, friends and fans; including this one who is sitting here, saddened, confused and truly heart broken.

Rest in peace, Amy. May you find the peace and happiness that alluded you in this life.

- Jonny Fantastico

Stuart

Reaction score
Yes gotta agree, a shame, we all saw it coming, for me - possibly the greatest British female vocalist ever. RIP Amy - Stuart x

Erik

Reaction score
I agree - we're all surprised and yet at the same time none of us really are. It's just so sad to see all that talent, creativity, and originality lost. She could have done so much more and I was really looking forward to seeing what she might continue to do in the future, but all that personal baggage just kept dragging her down. I wish she could have found a way to overcome her problems, but it wasn't meant to be.

alekzand

Reaction score
her tortured soul is what makes her songs so haunting and identifiable by millions...RIP...will be sadly missed...

ryan_holtz

Reaction score
May she rest in peace. She's just another victim of being famous and all that about being a celebrity.

R

Ralph69

We lose another singer, a great voice, we must ask ourselves what we can do to avoid these things happen in the future, you will always be remembered Amy :heart:

jw4833

V.I.P Member
Reaction score
It's really sad that her life ended so soon. Earlier today, I saw Sharon Osborne talking about her and the friendship that she had with her daughter, Kelly. From the story she shared about her family relationship with Amy, it appears as if she was a very unhappy individual that suffered from depression that cultivated to another level after the breakup from the guy Blake. Unfortunately, the media presented the horrible side of her to the mass public but if you really looked at her pics, you could tell that there was more going on than just a party girl on a rebellious edge.

boblackheart

Reaction score
This is actually quite impressive. Over five posts and no one has yet to say things like "she deserved it." This is why I like this place.

Anyway, I hope she finds peace.

amandabynes

Reaction score
it's so sad.. and I don't think she understood how amazing she is and she open doors for artists like Adele which I am in love with!

iryhousen

Reaction score

I don't ever wanna drink again
I just ooh I just need a friend
I'm not gonna spend ten weeks
have everyone think I'm on the mend

It's not just my pride
It's just 'til these tears have dried

They tried to make me go to rehab but I said 'no, no, no'
Yes I've been black but when I come back you'll know know know
I ain't got the time and if my daddy thinks I'm fine
He's tried to make me go to rehab but I won't go go go

HilaryDuff

Reaction score
It's really sad. I hope young people will learn from her and other celebs' mistakes!! :(

Behrluvr

V.I.P Member
Reaction score
This is actually quite impressive. Over five posts and no one has yet to say things like "she deserved it." This is why I like this place.

Anyway, I hope she finds peace.

No one feels any of these type of deaths are deserving. Yet, Whitehouse was an extremely negative person. She's the type of personality any of us would instantly drop as a friend. Alcoholic, drug addict, husband abuser, foul mouthed, violent, self destructive. She is the poster child of negative role models. Yet the media is placing her on some kind of pedestal.

Why does western culture glorify the premature and needless deaths of these self destructive media icons? She has lots of company going back decades. Hendrix, Morrison, Cobain, Janice Joplin, Michael Jackson, Billie Holiday, Keith Moon, and on and on....