• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access.

By joining you will gain full access to thousands of Videos, Pictures & Much More.

Membership is absolutely FREE and registration is FAST & SIMPLE so please, Register Today and join one of the friendliest communities on the net!

You must be at least 18 years old to legally access this forum.
  • Hello Guest,

Thanks for remaining an active member on GayHeaven. We hope you've enjoyed the forum so far.

Our records indicate that you have not posted on our forums in several weeks. Why not dismiss this notice & make your next post today by doing one of the following:
    • General Discussion Area - Engage in a conversation with other members.
    • Gay Picture Collections - Share any pictures you may have collected from blogs and other sites. Don't know how to post? Click HERE to visit our easy 3-steps tutorial for picture posting.
    • Show Yourself Off - Brave enough to post your own pictures or videos? Let us see, enjoy & comment on that for you.
    • Gay Clips - Start sharing hot video clips you may have. Don't know how to get started? Click HERE to view our detailed tutorial for video posting.
    As you can see there are a bunch of options mentioned in here and much more available for you to start participating today! Before making your first post, please don't forget to read the Forum Rules.

Active and contributing members will earn special ranks. Click HERE to view the full list of ranks & privileges given to active members & how you can easily obtain them.

Please do not flood the forum with "Thank you" posts. Instead, please use the "thanks button"

We Hope you enjoy the forum & thanks for your efforts!
    The GayHeaven Team.
  • Dear GayHeaven users,

We are happy to announce that we have successfully upgraded our forum to a new more reliable and overall better platform called XenForo.
    Any feedback is welcome and we hope you get to enjoy this new platform for years and years to come and, as always, happy posting!

GH Team

Impossible and Beyond Meat, Plant based proteins

trencherman

Reaction score

Have you tasted either of them? What do you think?

I have always been wary of supposedly healthy substitutes. It goes back to my early upbringing. My dad disdained instant and decaffeinated coffee. He thought if you consume something that has some known nasty side effects, it is sufficient to consume it knowingly rather than shift to seemingly innocent substitutes whose long term effects have not been determined yet. Benefits of coffee drinking have seen its ups and downs over the years. It was prescient and amazingly accurate as it turned out with hydrogenated fat based margarine.

Artificial sweeteners, whether natural or unnatural have turned out that way too. Regardless of the absence of glucose, it is the sweetness that nudges the release of insulin, quantities of it in the body results in pangs of hunger in the short run and insensitivity to it in the long run which is actually the root cause of practically all metabolic imbalance and age related illnesses. Train yourself not to crave sweet stuff if your pancreas cannot tolerate carbs but don’t delude yourself that you can indulge your sweet tooth without retribution.

Now they are taunting environment-conscious consumers with plant based meat. I have been cooking with beans and soybean based proteins for a long time but I don’t need to trick myself into believing that meat is what I see on the plate or feel on my tongue although there’s a long tradition in Asian cuisine of mock chicken this and mock pork that but I don’t subscribe to it. Properly cooked humanely raised animal meat is incredibly tasty and appetizing. A sensible attitude to take would be to consume them moderately, as an occasional treat, not as a daily orgy of Trimalchian rodizio.

dargelos

Super Vip
Reaction score
Lesbians prefer to avoid vibrators that are designed to look like cocks, they would rather choose abstract styles that do not remind them of men. That's what I feel about fake meat. I don't want to eat meat so I don't want my vegetarian meals to pretend to be somthing that they are not. Plant based food is just as good as the dead animal sort, it has no need to live a lie like a closeted cardinal.

mattla

Reaction score
I agree. I think that the substitutions to fool you into thinking you are eating something whether it is sugar, fat, or in this case meat, are often worse for you than what you are trying to avoid. I am a full fledged carnivore but I like to add the dehydrated soy to soups to act as a thickener as well as adding extra protein for a quick meal.