• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access.

By joining you will gain full access to thousands of Videos, Pictures & Much More.

Membership is absolutely FREE and registration is FAST & SIMPLE so please, Register Today and join one of the friendliest communities on the net!

You must be at least 18 years old to legally access this forum.
  • Hello Guest,

Thanks for remaining an active member on GayHeaven. We hope you've enjoyed the forum so far.

Our records indicate that you have not posted on our forums in several weeks. Why not dismiss this notice & make your next post today by doing one of the following:
    • General Discussion Area - Engage in a conversation with other members.
    • Gay Picture Collections - Share any pictures you may have collected from blogs and other sites. Don't know how to post? Click HERE to visit our easy 3-steps tutorial for picture posting.
    • Show Yourself Off - Brave enough to post your own pictures or videos? Let us see, enjoy & comment on that for you.
    • Gay Clips - Start sharing hot video clips you may have. Don't know how to get started? Click HERE to view our detailed tutorial for video posting.
    As you can see there are a bunch of options mentioned in here and much more available for you to start participating today! Before making your first post, please don't forget to read the Forum Rules.

Active and contributing members will earn special ranks. Click HERE to view the full list of ranks & privileges given to active members & how you can easily obtain them.

Please do not flood the forum with "Thank you" posts. Instead, please use the "thanks button"

We Hope you enjoy the forum & thanks for your efforts!
    The GayHeaven Team.
  • Dear GayHeaven users,

We are happy to announce that we have successfully upgraded our forum to a new more reliable and overall better platform called XenForo.
    Any feedback is welcome and we hope you get to enjoy this new platform for years and years to come and, as always, happy posting!

GH Team

James Franco Explains Why He Likes It When People Think He's Gay

W!nston

SuperSoftSillyPuppy
Staff member
Reaction score
James Franco Explains Why He Likes It When People Think He's Gay
The Huffington Post | By Cavan Sieczkowski | 03/18/2015 12:09 pm EDT

James Franco gets candid about his sexuality and seemingly gay persona in the latest issue of FourTwoNine magazine, in which he interviews himself as "Straight James Franco" talking to "Gay James Franco."

The 36-year-old actor has been the subject of gay rumors since he was in high school. Now as a celebrity, his public image has become entwined with his ambiguous sexuality, bolstered by his taking on homoerotic roles and directing gay-centric films. Even Zachary Quinto, who plays opposite Franco in "I Am Michael," a film about former gay activist Michael Glatze, has been been coy about Franco's dalliances.

In FourTwoNine, Gay James Franco and Straight James Franco discuss the many facets of Franco himself.

He admits he is gay ... in his art.

"I like to think that I’m gay in my art and straight in my life. Although, I’m also gay in my life up to the point of intercourse, and then you could say I’m straight. So I guess it depends on how you define gay. If it means whom you have sex with, I guess I’m straight. In the twenties and thirties, they used to define homosexuality by how you acted and not by whom you slept with. Sailors would fuck guys all the time, but as long as they behaved in masculine ways, they weren’t considered gay."

Blurred lines don't scare him.

"I guess I mean that I like my queer public persona. I like that it’s so hard to define me and that people always have to guess about me. They don’t know what the hell is up with me, and that’s great. Not that I do what I do to confuse people, but as long as they are confused, I get time to play."

Having gay sex might not stop him from "exoticizing" gay lifestyles.

"Maybe sex with a guy would change things, but I doubt it. Like I said, I’m gay in my art. Or, I should say, queer in my art. And I’m not this way for political reasons, although sometimes it becomes political, like when I voted for same-sex marriage, etc. But what it’s really about is making queer art that destabilizes engrained ways of being, art that challenges hegemonic thinking."

But he doesn't mind people already thinking he has gay sex.

"Because it means that I can be a figure for change. I am a figure who can show the straight community that many of their definitions are outdated and boring. And I can also show the gay community that many of the things about themselves that they are giving up to join the straight community are actually valuable and beautiful."

Head over to: Dot429 dot com to read Franco's full interview.

SOURCE

alekzand

Reaction score
perhaps he's taking advantage of the obvious fascination of gay people with straight gay for pay icons...

gorgik9

Super Vip
Reaction score
He's a douche canoe.

WTF that? A douche canoe??????

No, the problem is, that James Franco is a very intelligent & sexy actor & director, who lives in an America that just dislikes smart people with an intellectual bent and takes their art very seriously.

What contemporary America loves and likes is stupidity, violence and good old biblethumpology. They want "action" - the most boring movies I know:p

Urban

Donator
Reaction score
My view is that he's showing us all how stupid it is to care about someone's sexual identity, at least someone that you don't have a personal relationship with, and he's having fun while doing it.

I don't necessarily think that he started out with that intention, but it's kind of evolved that way over the years, and now he's just running with it.

I'm in the camp that enjoys him. He's made some pretty bad movies and also some pretty good ones, but I've never seen him give a bad performance. He's not at the top of my hottie list, but he's not bad either.

The sexual ambiguity thing is certainly keeping him in the spotlight, and I'm sure he's happy about that, but IMO it's also pointing out the silliness of caring about it. He's kind of like a new Andy Warhol in that respect.

gorgik9

Super Vip
Reaction score
My view is that he's showing us all how stupid it is to care about someone's sexual identity, at least someone that you don't have a personal relationship with, and he's having fun while doing it.

I don't necessarily think that he started out with that intention, but it's kind of evolved that way over the years, and now he's just running with it.

I'm in the camp that enjoys him. He's made some pretty bad movies and also some pretty good ones, but I've never seen him give a bad performance. He's not at the top of my hottie list, but he's not bad either.

The sexual ambiguity thing is certainly keeping him in the spotlight, and I'm sure he's happy about that, but IMO it's also pointing out the silliness of caring about it. He's kind of like a new Andy Warhol in that respect.

"He's kind of a new Andy Warhol in that respect." :cheers:

I wish I had found that wit!!! I'm not sure I agree, but I really love the phrase:thumbs up:

And about failures - there are some failures that are much better than safe successes...

Shelter

Super Vip
Reaction score
If he will be gay or straight - what has it to be interesting to me or anyone else?! Nevertheless he is a hot guy and I love his films.

luvmuslmen

Banned
Reaction score
WTF is douche canoe??? Forgive my advanced age, guys, but I've never heard the term.

W!nston

SuperSoftSillyPuppy
Staff member
Reaction score
WTF is douche canoe??? Forgive my advanced age, guys, but I've never heard the term.

I had to look it up too :)

Urban Dictionary:

Douche Canoe

1. Any vehicle filled to capacity with a group of major douchebags. Usually a luxury SUV. Most often owned or purchased by the parents of one of the douche mcgouches inside. The group of individuals who pour out of the douche canoe can be affectionately referred to as a "shitstorm of douchebags."

Used in a sentence:

If that douche canoe tries to swoop us in the Taco Bell line, I will go fisticuffs with that whole shitstorm of douchebags inside!

Also:

Urban Dictionary:

douchebag

Someone who has surpassed the levels of jerk and asshole, however not yet reached fucker or motherfucker. Not to be confuzed with douche.

Used in a sentence:

Rob:He kept hitting on my girlfriend at the party, he just wouldnt leave her alone!!
Sam: God, what a douchebag.

Futhermore:

Urban Dictionary:

douche

a word to describe an individual who has shown themself to be very brainless in one way or another, thus comparing them to the cleansing product for vaginas.

Used in a sentence:

you're such a douche... i wish i knew your existence was this pathetic when i started hanging out with u.

Last edited:

waiting

Reaction score
james franco is just enjoying the perks of being a celebrity.

Berty1

Reaction score
Try a guy James, then you might find out your totally gay.... :)