• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access.

By joining you will gain full access to thousands of Videos, Pictures & Much More.

Membership is absolutely FREE and registration is FAST & SIMPLE so please, Register Today and join one of the friendliest communities on the net!

You must be at least 18 years old to legally access this forum.
  • Hello Guest,

Thanks for remaining an active member on GayHeaven. We hope you've enjoyed the forum so far.

Our records indicate that you have not posted on our forums in several weeks. Why not dismiss this notice & make your next post today by doing one of the following:
    • General Discussion Area - Engage in a conversation with other members.
    • Gay Picture Collections - Share any pictures you may have collected from blogs and other sites. Don't know how to post? Click HERE to visit our easy 3-steps tutorial for picture posting.
    • Show Yourself Off - Brave enough to post your own pictures or videos? Let us see, enjoy & comment on that for you.
    • Gay Clips - Start sharing hot video clips you may have. Don't know how to get started? Click HERE to view our detailed tutorial for video posting.
    As you can see there are a bunch of options mentioned in here and much more available for you to start participating today! Before making your first post, please don't forget to read the Forum Rules.

Active and contributing members will earn special ranks. Click HERE to view the full list of ranks & privileges given to active members & how you can easily obtain them.

Please do not flood the forum with "Thank you" posts. Instead, please use the "thanks button"

We Hope you enjoy the forum & thanks for your efforts!
    The GayHeaven Team.
  • Dear GayHeaven users,

We are happy to announce that we have successfully upgraded our forum to a new more reliable and overall better platform called XenForo.
    Any feedback is welcome and we hope you get to enjoy this new platform for years and years to come and, as always, happy posting!

GH Team

Memory Lane - "Your old cartoons"

• Thread starter SimplyJakeAndAlex
  • Start date
S

SimplyJakeAndAlex

I may have become this great sociologist/psychologist etc. But it doesn't change that what influenced me when I was a young Turk was pretty much the cartoons and old TV shows I was watching back in the days. I don't want to insult those of the new generation who's watching and like those new cartoons but I'm going to be very harsh with your comics guys... shit like Naruto, Yugi Oh, One Piece and all those wanna be manga style are the most stupidest educative-less piece of "waste your time" shit cartoon I've ever seen in my life... I let my son watch them because I cannot forbid him to watch everything he likes... but I am happy that he has been able to sit with Alex and I watching some older cartoons. Obviously we're francophone (well except Alex) but Alex does speaks fluently French as well (guess how he learned it ;)). Nor am I saying that everything should be always educative... but taking example on Naruto and Sasuke it's all about adversary and competitive fake Ninja philosophy... to the point that I have met one of my Shaolin students that was a little too much into those characters (had to burst his bubble several time) and they even go as far as creating a human version of the Uchiha Clan. I have no problem against's the fantasy... as it is a game as real as the dungeon and dragon I used to play with my friends when I was a youth... but here's the difference... what we used to do was also very educative with dungeon and dragon we used to create our worlds, our characters, our rules and yep I was among those kid filming them as well and this was all good for our creativity as well as or sense of organization. Because of it I became self aware of the cinematographic world even before I started working in the Industry.

So this thread is for those who want to remember those old cartoons... I will be posting some shortly... but first let me post my all time favorite cartoon... this cartoon made me choose to become a social scientist. At first I wanted to be an anthropologist... but hey I became a sociologist instead and I developed skills for historic research and all that because of this:

So it doesn't matter which country you're coming from... post or talk about the old cartoons that marked your childhood. Well guys you do realize that I'm talking about educative shit here... things that changed your life... I don't believe that Naruto, Yugi Oh or even Dragon Balls have anything life changing beside being just entertaining

Last edited:

MaximumT

Super Vip
Reaction score
Ah! Cities of Gold... I've seen it but quite honestly, I don't remember a single thing from it since I was too young, except the intro song. Music can be such a powerful tool, hearing it does make me a bit nostalgic. :p
I haven't reflected much if cartoon have influenced me or not. I've always seen cartoon as pure entertainment, and not much more. Most likely there has been some kind of influence, but then probably subconsciously. :)

As a tribute to the cartoon memory lane, here's one which I do remember much of. :)

S

SimplyJakeAndAlex

I should actually add that I loved the Mysterious City of Gold so much when I was a kid that even when I became older I accepted to do a trip... it was Canadian International Assistance program for a group of indigenous people of the Andes at the frontier of Columbia ... our mission was to help built a stair among the mountains to help people living in the heights to go down the village. While my trip we were sleeping in Guajiros a very small indigenous reserve at few miles south of Venezuela... that is where I have met the mother of my daughter... so yes... guys my eldest daughter she's of Maya ascendance :) just like Zia in my favorite cartoon :)

Whisper

Crazy Bitch
Reaction score
One of my absolute favorites was Tao Tao. The cartoon looks beautiful and the stories were always exciting, but they also taught you about life. Today's cartoons: you'll get everything if you scream, fight and run around like a headless chicken...

This is in Finnish, sorry...

S

SimplyJakeAndAlex

Here's another one of my childhood... it's Renata Demetan or "Demetan la petite grenouille"... this was an old attempt of sensibilizing youth about bullying in the old time... so those who believe that during the 80's there was no such thing as anti-bullying movement we had it straight from our weekend cartoons... this was one heck of a dramatic cartoons... even the strongest boy would end up crying after each episode... so many shit happens to that little frog I almost felt sorry for him while my life at the time was as much chaotic lol.

And yes even in Quebec we kept the original Generic Song sang by my favorite all time Japanese singer Horie Mitsuko since she would sing most of Japanimation generic of the time. Back then we had so much of the Japanese influence in cartoons that I did start speaking Japanese and singing along those generic songs.

Last edited:

Whisper

Crazy Bitch
Reaction score
Oh how useful this has been even today. This helped me in school and nowadays I understand better what my doctor is talking about :p
And simply I just loved this and still do.

Of course I used to watch them in Finnish, but French is the original language of this.

S

SimplyJakeAndAlex

The next one is a very very very dramatic story of Remy a orphan that was stolen from its rich British family when he was a child and he was found by a peasant who brought him back home with the idea of selling him for some gold later on... The dude had a wife and both had a son which died very young, so she raised Remy and considered her as her son until the fatal day were her husband lost his job because of an accident that left him unable to work and unemployable in any other factory and became depressive and alcoholic and blamed Remy (who was a growing boy) to be the cause of them not being able to eat properly... He decided to sell Remy to a vagabond Musician (Almost similar to the story of Jean-Val-Jean from Les Miserables) but not in the same era. So Remy strolled the street of Medieval France playing music with his new master until the latter died frozen. Just to find out later that the vagabond master was a well know Opera singer that have lost his voice and left the profession to become a street musician.

This story although very dramatic wasn't built of nothing... as I do remember that as a young orphans I went through similar ... not as worst but it wasn't rare to have children vagabonding the street of France in the medieval time... panhandling or offering their services to those who need them. This story was one of a three series written by Hector Malot, he often wrote about children hitting the road... was greatly influenced by my other favorite author of all time Charles Dickens

Last edited:

Whisper

Crazy Bitch
Reaction score
For me this is "The Real" Alice in Wonderland, no other versions could do. I have always liked Alice, curious and brave girl with kind heart and sharp mind.

S

SimplyJakeAndAlex

Oh how useful this has been even today. This helped me in school and nowadays I understand better what my doctor is talking about :p
And simply I just loved this and still do.

Of course I used to watch them in Finnish, but French is the original language of this.

To follow Whisper's series... Procidis had more than "Il etait une fois la vie" there was:

Once upon a time: the man;

Once upon a time: the space;

Once upon a time: the americas

Once upon a time: the discoveries

Once upon a time: the explorers

One particularity of those educative series is that there was no religious bias... it was telling you how things were exactly as they were... no religious make believe... beside Albert Barille was a strong and open atheist. His series were used in Quebec to teach as well as to entertain.

Last edited:
S

SimplyJakeAndAlex

Here's another one for you... I know I post those generic in French... but you know what you can always search them if you recognize them. So this is the story of Lady Oscar, soldier for his Majesty Louis XVI during French Revolution... these kind of cartoon just gave the kids of my era the fever to learn more about what really happened during French revolution... those who saw the series, you know she was friend with Marie-Antoinette and at the very end Lady Oscar changed camp and went with the revolutionists:

If one wonder why am I such a great historian today... you can blame the cartoons I was watching... they may have all had some anachronism but they were planting the seeds of curiosity... I don't have any feeling to learn more about Ninjutsu when I watch Naruto... perhaps because I know it's just a pile of horse shit and that Ninjutsu is more than just learning different jutsu.

Last edited:

c750dt

GayHeaven's Hottie
Reaction score
Freakazoid, Scooby Doo, Animaniacs, Swat Cats, Ninja Turtles, and Two Stupid Dogs were what I was raised on and I think those cartoons should be fine for kids now.

bigsal

Super Vip
Reaction score
Maybe I sound corny, but I am bound to the classics.

example: The Sword in the Stone, Pinocchio, The Jungle Book ecc.

S

SimplyJakeAndAlex

Maybe I sound corny, but I am bound to the classics.

example: The Sword in the Stone, Pinocchio, The Jungle Book ecc.

What's so corny about those? The sword in the stone is about perseverance and believing in oneself, Pinocchio is about being true to yourself and other without being too naive either (I know an 18 years old ex-friend of mine that would have benefit from the lesson of Pinocchio he lies so much that his nose would never retract back LOL) and the jungle book is all about the passage from childhood to adulthood. I do not see anything corny in those old classics and those were and still are and still will be the stories I read to my younger child before they go to sleep. Obviously I put on some Hip Hop tunes and some new age attitudes but the message remain the same nonetheless. :cheers:

S

SimplyJakeAndAlex

Here's another classic one that took me and my sister 3 years to find back and when we did we prepared popcorn, I turned on the projector got the kids together and we watched 1 hour and 10 minutes of this old chef-d'oeuvre of Chinese animation. For those who know China was refused right to do animation movies during dictatorial regime... now I do like Japan animation... but Chinese were much more true to themselves when creating character... no exaggeration and no attempt to make Asian characters look like Texan :rofl:

And here's the actual movie :)

Last edited:
S

SimplyJakeAndAlex

Freakazoid, Scooby Doo, Animaniacs, Swat Cats, Ninja Turtles, and Two Stupid Dogs were what I was raised on and I think those cartoons should be fine for kids now.

This is international dude you got to give a visual... so let me do it for you :)

To tell that they are suitable for kids... most cartoons from 80 and 90 are suitable for kids... not Hentei or Yaoi of course but Animaniac those cartoons were remove because they were giving kids seizure (seriously) the animation was too fast

Whisper

Crazy Bitch
Reaction score
Some other childhood favorites of mine

tyan

Reaction score
here in my country, so many japanese cartoon like Saint Saiya, Gundam, Sulato, BT X, Ninja Hatory and many more
but there is some cartoon from western like scooby doo, Ninja Turtles

S

SimplyJakeAndAlex

here in my country, so many japanese cartoon like Saint Saiya, Gundam, Sulato, BT X, Ninja Hatory and many more
but there is some cartoon from western like scooby doo, Ninja Turtles

hehehe Tyan we have all of those Japanese cartoon too... Gundam Seed was one of my favorite Manga when I was a teenager :)

H

Haplo

Most of them have already been mentioned, so...
Well, "Pinky and the Brain" was a personal favourite, and sometimes I managed to watch some episodes of Ox Tales...

tyan

Reaction score
hehehe Tyan we have all of those Japanese cartoon too... Gundam Seed was one of my favorite Manga when I was a teenager :)

omg super cute
:)
yeah i love Gundam Seed too.
i also love Pokemon. Pikaaa Pikacuu
:p