• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access.

By joining you will gain full access to thousands of Videos, Pictures & Much More.

Membership is absolutely FREE and registration is FAST & SIMPLE so please, Register Today and join one of the friendliest communities on the net!

You must be at least 18 years old to legally access this forum.
  • Hello Guest,

Thanks for remaining an active member on GayHeaven. We hope you've enjoyed the forum so far.

Our records indicate that you have not posted on our forums in several weeks. Why not dismiss this notice & make your next post today by doing one of the following:
    • General Discussion Area - Engage in a conversation with other members.
    • Gay Picture Collections - Share any pictures you may have collected from blogs and other sites. Don't know how to post? Click HERE to visit our easy 3-steps tutorial for picture posting.
    • Show Yourself Off - Brave enough to post your own pictures or videos? Let us see, enjoy & comment on that for you.
    • Gay Clips - Start sharing hot video clips you may have. Don't know how to get started? Click HERE to view our detailed tutorial for video posting.
    As you can see there are a bunch of options mentioned in here and much more available for you to start participating today! Before making your first post, please don't forget to read the Forum Rules.

Active and contributing members will earn special ranks. Click HERE to view the full list of ranks & privileges given to active members & how you can easily obtain them.

Please do not flood the forum with "Thank you" posts. Instead, please use the "thanks button"

We Hope you enjoy the forum & thanks for your efforts!
    The GayHeaven Team.
  • Dear GayHeaven users,

We are happy to announce that we have successfully upgraded our forum to a new more reliable and overall better platform called XenForo.
    Any feedback is welcome and we hope you get to enjoy this new platform for years and years to come and, as always, happy posting!

GH Team

Memory Lane - "Your old cartoons"

• Thread starter SimplyJakeAndAlex
  • Start date

dargelos

Super Vip
Reaction score
The gold standard in toons must surely be pre 1960 Tom and Jerry. These were not made originaly for kids tv, they were warm up shorts to put the audience in a good mood before the main feature at a cinema. Ive seen them all hundereds of times and never stop laughing with them. Look out at 3:56 for the banana dancing with the mouse on top of the radio, Salvador Dali couldn't paint anything more surreal. Adults may complain about the excessive violence, kids understand that it is parody violence, which taught me that violence begets violence, more violence begets more violence, and no problems are ever solved by fighting. T&G also encouraged me to learn to draw. I hope there are some other fans of this top toon here at GH.

Tjerk12

Super Vip
Reaction score
When I was a kid we had no television. You had to create your own fantasy world. I had a puppet-show. Created the stories and also the background pictures. Cartoons were - in fact as the expression means - drawings. You saw them in the newspaper. My favorites were the one's without words, so you could make your own text.
two nice cartoons:

ihno

Daughter of Deuterium
Reaction score
The gold standard in toons must surely be pre 1960 Tom and Jerry.

They were also beautifully composed - often included classical music, like Strauss and Liszt

ihno

Daughter of Deuterium
Reaction score
To follow Whisper's series... Procidis had more than "Il etait une fois la vie" there was:

Once upon a time: the man;

One particularity of those educative series is that there was no religious bias... it was telling you how things were exactly as they were... no religious make believe... beside Albert Barille was a strong and open atheist. His series were used in Quebec to teach as well as to entertain.

I never liked them, even for me as a child the good/bad scheme was a little too obvious.

But I loved Maja too and also watched Nils Holgersson.

Cpt. Future was my fave:

And this when I was in Kindergarden:

Heidi

Pinocchio - a very depressing show, so sad, as if inviting 4 year olds to commit suicide.

Sindbad

Last edited:
S

SimplyJakeAndAlex

I never liked them, even for me as a child the good/bad scheme was a little too obvious.

But I loved Maja too and also watched Nils Holgersson.

Cpt. Future was my fave:

And this when I was in Kindergarden:

Heidi

Pinocchio - a very depressing show, so sad, as if inviting 4 year olds to commit suicide.

Sindbad

I remember those... we also had them here in Canada and yes that Pinocchio was a depressing cartoons in the very same fashion than Demetan and Hutchi

Hutchi the little orphan bee

this one if ever you saw that cartoons was a complete tear jerker... well having been adopted it was really a rough patch to watch for me and my sister and I... but yep at the end he finds his mom... we didn't LOL I knew she died a long time ago I was there... but watching Hutchi was just enough to make any troublesome orphan kill themselves if they didn't have a strong willpower

dargelos

Super Vip
Reaction score
This episode proves that Tom and Jerry are like some real life couples, always fighting but deep inside they love and need each other.
Dont get sad at the Romeo and Juliet ending, they always come back to life everytime.
What about Butch's car? The red one that is a mile long, it just goes on and on and on, for years I puzzled, how does it turn round corners?

Thanks for the chance to show two of my most treasured cartoons, 2 down, now only 159 to go.

Tjerk12

Super Vip
Reaction score
This is an old cartoon (more than 50 years old I suppose). It is made by Marten Toonder, a famous Dutch cartoonist. I have never seen it before, but I was a fan of his strips. They appeared every day in the newspaper.

Tom Poes and the monster of Loch Ness