• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access.

By joining you will gain full access to thousands of Videos, Pictures & Much More.

Membership is absolutely FREE and registration is FAST & SIMPLE so please, Register Today and join one of the friendliest communities on the net!

You must be at least 18 years old to legally access this forum.
  • Hello Guest,

Thanks for remaining an active member on GayHeaven. We hope you've enjoyed the forum so far.

Our records indicate that you have not posted on our forums in several weeks. Why not dismiss this notice & make your next post today by doing one of the following:
    • General Discussion Area - Engage in a conversation with other members.
    • Gay Picture Collections - Share any pictures you may have collected from blogs and other sites. Don't know how to post? Click HERE to visit our easy 3-steps tutorial for picture posting.
    • Show Yourself Off - Brave enough to post your own pictures or videos? Let us see, enjoy & comment on that for you.
    • Gay Clips - Start sharing hot video clips you may have. Don't know how to get started? Click HERE to view our detailed tutorial for video posting.
    As you can see there are a bunch of options mentioned in here and much more available for you to start participating today! Before making your first post, please don't forget to read the Forum Rules.

Active and contributing members will earn special ranks. Click HERE to view the full list of ranks & privileges given to active members & how you can easily obtain them.

Please do not flood the forum with "Thank you" posts. Instead, please use the "thanks button"

We Hope you enjoy the forum & thanks for your efforts!
    The GayHeaven Team.
  • Dear GayHeaven users,

We are happy to announce that we have successfully upgraded our forum to a new more reliable and overall better platform called XenForo.
    Any feedback is welcome and we hope you get to enjoy this new platform for years and years to come and, as always, happy posting!

GH Team

Pictures Steve Sandvoss in "Latter Days"

jjjack

Reaction score

Sunset Boulevard

first encounter

with the gay neighbor

studying

sincerity

smug showdown

Why am I stuck with this
religious poppycock?

roomie’s sleeping

peeking

wondering

midnight half-hard

doffing

free at last

taking charge

coming of age stories

“Then I saw my father’s eyes.”

“If this is what gay feels like---
bring it on.”

“No, we’ve gone way beyond hypocrisy, Dad.
Now we’re just being mean.”

Mom’s home cookin’

“What if it’s not something I’ve done?
What if it’s who I am?”

Please don’t reject me

queer on ice

aversion therapy

electro-shock

nightmare

Who am I?

decisions

decisions

“I didn’t have anywhere else to go.”

excommunicated…for being gay

“Welcome”

missed you so much

Merry Christmas!

home at last

“We’re all connected.”

Last edited:

serendip

Reaction score
wow... this is such a beautiful summary of the film... thanks...

Wes2475

Reaction score
Such a beautiful movie. I love Gordie in this movie:)

brmstn69

Super Vip
Reaction score
Steve Sandvoss changed his name to Max and now operates an organic dairy farm and cheese factory with his brother in upstate New York...

jjjack

Reaction score
Steve vs. Max

Fascinating. Thanks for the update. I would love to know more about his philosophy of life and how it led to this career change. Any info like that out there? At 34, he’s still an incredible cutie, but perhaps he saw the writing on the wall and feels cheesemaking poses a more secure future. Or maybe, like one YouTube commenter speculated, he simply got tired of “milking Hollywood dicks for roles.” Take that figuratively, like I do, if you can’t stand the literal meaning.

So where are their farm wives (or husbands)? That, for me, is one of the most pressing questions. Or could this be some sort of bromance? I’m still hopelessly in love with Steve/Max and his breathy, sexy voice. His bro ain’t so bad either. According to Wikipedia, their father is Swiss.

Obviously, getting up at the crack of dawn to “milk” goats isn’t exactly what it sounds like. What they’re really doing is pushing buttons to operate the milking machines. But that’s just a technicality. I’ve read recently that, because of outsourcing and crappy job prospects in the U.S., a trend back to farming is underway. New York state was mentioned as a trendsetter. You can be your own boss on a farm, and specialty farms can command a high price for their products. When was the last time you shopped for “artisanal” cheese (as Sandvoss called it)? Even regular cheese is out of sight. I’m not gonna pay $15 for a sliver of anything that I can devour in 3 or 4 bites. These two innovative, industrious bros obviously had the requisite capital for such an investment and are now catering to the upscale market, which is about the only market thriving in this economy.

I’m all for farmers. It takes a lot of farms to support one city---and until humanity decides to replace real food with “delicious” nutritional pills, that will always be the case. That fact also means the rural-to-urban exodus cannot last forever. At some point it has to peak and reverse.

Last edited:

brmstn69

Super Vip
Reaction score
It's actually a bit of a family thing. The brothers run a very small 20 acre dairy farm and specialize while their mother and step-father own and operate a much larger 3000 acre dairy farm near by.

As for "milking cocks" to get a job in Hollywood, I seriously doubt that's the case seeing as his brother was a producer and director and could have easily thrown plenty of work his way.

Instead, it was a take the money and run situation. They did the whole Hollywood thing just long enough to get the capitol needed to do what they really wanted to do, make cheese...

jjjack

Reaction score
It's actually a bit of a family thing. The brothers run a very small 20 acre dairy farm and specialize while their mother and step-father own and operate a much larger 3000 acre dairy farm near by.

As for "milking cocks" to get a job in Hollywood, I seriously doubt that's the case seeing as his brother was a producer and director and could have easily thrown plenty of work his way.

Instead, it was a take the money and run situation. They did the whole Hollywood thing just long enough to get the capitol needed to do what they really wanted to do, make cheese...

Thanks for the info. Very interesting. I did Google “Trystan Sandvoss” + “Wikipedia,” however. The latter gives extensive info for most flicks of any significance. I could find no mention of Trystan whatsoever. Just because the YouTube vid said he’s a producer and director doesn’t mean he’s actually produced or directed anything of note. Seems like anyone with an extra mil or two might call themselves a “producer” in L.A.---just like everyone who writes anything is a “screenwriter.” Where I live, everyone who writes a classified ad (or holds forth on Craigslist) is a “writer.” We’re all trying to whitewash our day jobs, I guess.

What I can’t figure out is why Steve Sandvoss didn’t become a much bigger star? He sort of disappeared into the oblivion of TV and B movie roles, didn’t he? For my taste, he has a lot more charisma and screen presence than Brad Pitt. If close-ups are the measure, Sandvoss slaughters Pitt, if you ask me. Brad Pitt’s physique was really only fabulous in A River Runs Through It. After that, he went out of his way to look like shit, although he looks pretty good in the trailer for Fury. He looked good in other flicks too, but he never even came close to the ripped bod Sandvoss possessed throughout most of his career. Sandvoss looks like the purest of pure farmboy wrestlers. Eyes: killer. Smile: killer. Bod: killer. Charisma: killer. Sensitivity: killer. Acting ability: killer. His crying scene in Latter Days: super killer. During that scene, I fell to pieces---just like I did when “Deceased” appeared on the postcard returned to Ennis Del Mar or when Ennis found his shirt inside Jack Twist’s. Other than Latter Days (which had a very limited audience), maybe Sandvoss just didn’t get the right roles. I wonder if he could have played Ennis Del Mar? That performance by Heath Ledger slays me even to this day. Miss him too.

Last edited:

abruma

Reaction score
I had completely forgotten about him. Thanks.

The name change is interesting. Was he originally Max and just went back to his normal name?