• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access.

By joining you will gain full access to thousands of Videos, Pictures & Much More.

Membership is absolutely FREE and registration is FAST & SIMPLE so please, Register Today and join one of the friendliest communities on the net!

You must be at least 18 years old to legally access this forum.
  • Hello Guest,

Thanks for remaining an active member on GayHeaven. We hope you've enjoyed the forum so far.

Our records indicate that you have not posted on our forums in several weeks. Why not dismiss this notice & make your next post today by doing one of the following:
    • General Discussion Area - Engage in a conversation with other members.
    • Gay Picture Collections - Share any pictures you may have collected from blogs and other sites. Don't know how to post? Click HERE to visit our easy 3-steps tutorial for picture posting.
    • Show Yourself Off - Brave enough to post your own pictures or videos? Let us see, enjoy & comment on that for you.
    • Gay Clips - Start sharing hot video clips you may have. Don't know how to get started? Click HERE to view our detailed tutorial for video posting.
    As you can see there are a bunch of options mentioned in here and much more available for you to start participating today! Before making your first post, please don't forget to read the Forum Rules.

Active and contributing members will earn special ranks. Click HERE to view the full list of ranks & privileges given to active members & how you can easily obtain them.

Please do not flood the forum with "Thank you" posts. Instead, please use the "thanks button"

We Hope you enjoy the forum & thanks for your efforts!
    The GayHeaven Team.
  • Dear GayHeaven users,

We are happy to announce that we have successfully upgraded our forum to a new more reliable and overall better platform called XenForo.
    Any feedback is welcome and we hope you get to enjoy this new platform for years and years to come and, as always, happy posting!

GH Team

Classic Cars

jeanlouis

V.I.P Member
Reaction score

Notice : In 64 Renault said R4 and R8, in 71 it is Renault 4 and Renault 8.
Only people will continue to say R4 and R8 ... and even 4L for the Renault 4

The 4L, most popular version of the early R4, here a pre-serie model shoted in August 1961.

Last edited:

jeanlouis

V.I.P Member
Reaction score
I come back to the Renault Rambler seen above in Renault catalog 1964 :
For the Frégate stopping in 1960, the national régie has no more up'market car in its range. To go quickly and to save some money, it is decided to sign some agreements with the American constructor AMC. In November 1961, Renault has the license for assembling one of its models, the Classic Six, in Belgium at Haren Renault factory.

Model 1962

Model 1963

The engine is a 6 aligned cylinder 3.2 liter

Model 1964

Model 1965

New engine 3.2 liter for 1965
As you can notice it, the American car body is changing nearly every year according the fashion. Not very cool for the customer who spends some money for a car that is never up to date. Simca did the same thing in France.

Last edited:

jeanlouis

V.I.P Member
Reaction score
Model 1966

Model 1967

AMC replace the Classic Six by the Rebel 3.8 Liter (always aligned 6 cylinder).
Last Rambler Renault stand at Paris motorshow 1966. With years this car is more and more big, too big for the average european customer. The market become too small and the fabrication in Belgium is stopped, two years before Rambler US itself.

An armoured Rambler for General de Gaulle?

After the attack of "Petit Clamart" in August 1962, Roger Frey, responsible of the President de Gaulle security, wanted to order an armoured car for him. The bodyworker Henri Chapron was chosen to create this armoured Rambler (the Citroën DS was barely impossible to armour).
Surprise of the general standing on the Elysées gate : "Where is my car?" he asked. It was finished!
Everybody knew that he hated the armoured cars and the vehicle was however ordered! He will never get into.

Armoured indeed but where is the room for the General de Gaulle legs? The wheelbase is 38 centimeter shorter than the one of the DS.

Last edited:

jeanlouis

V.I.P Member
Reaction score
August 1967 : Citroën present the Dyane.

This drawing published some weeks before the launch seem far from the reality.

2 CV 1/2 because just between 2 CV and Ami 6 (3 CV)

"It is fixed... but badly" : Obviously Jean-Paul Thévenet, tester-journalist at "L'Automobile", don't like the Dyane 6, a Dyane equiped with the Ami 6 motor. This muscled version appear only 5 months after the original model that had a too weak engine derived from the 2CV one.

Last edited:

jeanlouis

V.I.P Member
Reaction score
American cars and others from the Jean-Pierre Melville movies

Alain Delon (1935 - 2024) stealing a DS in the movie "Le Samourai" (1967)

L'aîné des Ferchaux (1963)

Berliet TLC 6R - 1955